For the very first time ever, I have actually been tagged for a meme! Usually, I just steal them off other people. But Robyn tagged me for this one. So yay, I'm part of the Cool Club!
The rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
It took me a while to think of 7 random things that people don't already know about me because I'm pretty much an open book. I know the rules don't state that it has to be something obscure, but what's the fun in putting things that people already know?
1. In spite of the fact that I'm pretty independent, I have always wanted to be married. Not just to have a wedding, but to find someone who would fall in love with me and actually want to spend the rest of his life with me. I've always imagined myself sharing my life with another person -- the ups and downs, the chores and fun, all of it. So I was so happy when I finally found "the one", even though it's kind of a loss of independence.
2. I don't like monkeys. I do not think they're cute. In fact, I find them a little scary. Apes on the other hand (orangutans and gorillas, for those of you who didn't know the difference) are cool.
3. I cannot stand the feeling of dry dirt/sand on my hands in feet. This presents a bit of a problem when gardening, because I am constantly washing my hands. I have gone so far as to put sunblock on my feet when leaving the beach because it was better than that dried up feeling.
4. I plan to live to be 100 years old. I do not think this is an unrealistic goal, given my genetics. Therefore, a lot of my attempts to live healthily are with that goal in mind.
5. My one hang up about buying an older home is the possibility that it might be haunted. I tell myself that I don't believe in ghosts, but really, I believe in ghosts. Nice ghosts that just turn things off (or on) once in a while might be tolerable once I got over the initial scare. Mean, scary, talk-to-you or show-up-in-the-house ghosts, never. So whenever I finally do buy my (old) dream house, I plan to do lots of research on whether it's haunted or not.
6. I moved to Alaska on a whim. I watched an IMAX movie on Alaska when I was on vacation in Colorado, and when it came time to list my 6 top places I wanted to move, I thought "hey, Alaska might be kind of cool". When I actually got it (it was number 2 on the list), I was pretty excited because I thought it would be a grand adventure. And it pretty much has been. My mother suffers from the belief that I moved up here to get as far away from her as possible. But she's never really been the adventurous type.
7. I can wiggle my ears and touch my tongue to my nose, and I have double jointed thumbs. Strange, but true.
I tag...Ethan (just put it in the comments since you don't have a blog), Henna, Fluffy, Jasmine, ziola and Sonia. I know that's only 6, but everyone else either has been tagged or doesn't really read my blog.
As Robyn said, you don't have to do it if you don't want, and you don't have to tag other people if you do, and if you wanted to be tagged and weren't, I tag you too.