Friday, April 20, 2007

Driving myself crazy

Because I am a masochist, I have been looking at houses online. I am a masochist because 1) it's not like I'm going to buy our very first house while my husband is gone and 2) I promised him we would buy and run his father's fourplex when we get back. But because the fourplex is not exactly my dream home, sometimes I get online and check out houses, and I found the cutest little house, in our price range, in a great neighborhood. (edited to add: Dammit, I tried to link so you could see, but it didn't work. It had bright colored paint on the walls, a small but very nicely appointed kitchen with real tile, and laminate flooring throughout the rest of the house. Plus a large backyard with lots of trees!)

Oh well. You know, it's probably in one of those neighborhoods with a housing covenant anyway (yeah, yeah I know, everyone loves housing covenants. But not me, as I strongly suspect that I am the type of person they're trying to keep out).

Anyway, we don't plan to live in AK for too much longer, so there's no point in buying a dream home if we're going to leave in a couple of years. Plus, we'll get to figure out how to run a rental property, which is Ethan's long-term career goal. And Ethan and his father keep telling me it's really nice. I'm looking forward to moving into our very own place even if we do have to share it with 3 other people. Most importantly, I'm really looking forward to getting a dog!

No comments: