Saturday, April 14, 2007

Martha Stewart, I am not

Well, I never did post about Easter, and now I don't really feel like it, so you're getting a meme stolen from Henna instead.

aprons - y/n?
No. Too Susie Homemaker for me, although I should wear them with the amount of shirts I've ruined in the kitchen.

baking - y/n?
Yes - Although not as much as I used to.

clothesline - y/n?
No - we rent, but when we buy a house I'll get one for the summer.

donuts - ever made them?
Nope. Probably won't ever, either.

everyday - one homemaking thing you do everyday?
OK, this is kind of embarrassing, but I don't think there's one homemaking thing I do every day. Not even put the dishes in the dishwasher. I'm more of a "wait til it gets bad and then do it" kind of girl.

freezer - do you have a separate deep freezer?
No - again with the renting. We don't have room.

garbage disposal - y/n
Yes - Although I don't use it for a lot of things, as I'm afraid it will break.

handbook - y/n?
? - I don't have a "handbook", but I do refer to several cook books.

ironing - love it or hate it?
Hate it! I have several outfits I haven't worn in months because I don't like to iron.

junk drawer - where is it?
Again, kind of embarrassing, but I have two -- both in the kitchen.

kitchen - design and decorating?
I love my kitchen. It is decorated with warm red tones and has unpainted wooden doors with copper handles on the cupboards. I think it's warm and inviting.

love - what is your favorite part of homemaking?
I like to cook quite a bit, and I love to decorate for the holidays!

mop - y/n?
Yes, infrequently. See Everyday, above.

nylons - wash them by hand or in the washer?
I hardly wear them anymore, but when I do, washer!

oven - do you use the window or open it to check?
Open it. Who doesn't do that? Anyway, those windows aren't that clear.

pizza - what do you put on yours?
I love veggies on my pizza. My favorite is definitely mushrooms.

quiet - what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
I like to read or watch t.v. Sometimes, I'll take care of my plants.

recipe card box?
No, I have this recipe book thing instead.

style of house?
I would absolutely love to have an older house with a great room and vaulted ceilings -- my current house is half of a duplex built in the 70s.

tablecloths and napkins - y/n?
napkins -- Not unless I have company.
tablecloths -- never, I have a glass table and it's pretty and easy to clean.

under the kitchen sink
Cleaning supplies and the garbage.

vacuum - how many times a week?
See Everyday for frequency of vacuuming.

wash - how many loads do you do a week?
I usually do the wash every other week.

x’es - do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off?
Yes. I feel so accomplished when I can cross things off the list!

yard - who does what?
I do all the yard work, mostly because I'm the one who likes it. I also care more, like about the mowing and the raking (I don't like those tasks very much). But I would never let my husband do all the gardening even if he wanted to because I love to take care of my plants!

zzz’s - what is your last homemaking task for the day?
Well, if I'm tending to things, the last thing I usually do is put all the dishes in the dishwasher. Then I'll forget to run it for 2 days. :)

No comments: