Tuesday, February 20, 2007

We can be Heroes, just for one day

I went swimming again this morning. I've actually been 3 or 4 times since the last time I posted, and I am getting better and better each time. Today I swam 900 yards, not including my warmup and cooldown. It took me a little under half an hour. So I am rocking the house with regards to improvement! Also, I don't feel like dogshit today, so that tells me I'm getting better and that my body is better able to handle the swimming.

There's actually not a lot of news in my life right now. I did not go hang out with my friends last night for Heroes...they didn't call either. Maybe I should start calling them my "friends". Oh well. I did make some dinners for my coworker, whose wife is pregnant with twins and is on bedrest with a high risk pregnancy. That made me feel useful. Here's the recipe: spray a sheet of heavy duty foil with cooking spray. Place 3 tbs of rice on top (I actually did more like 4). Cut up some zucchini, tomatoes, onions, and green peppers. Layer them on top of the rice. Pour 3 tbs olive oil on top (again, I did 4). Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper (I used garlic salt and added parsley). Then place two pieces of chicken on the top. Top with another sheet of foil and make a packet. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 1 hr. You can also freeze the packet for use later and bake it for 1 1/2 hours instead. I froze the ones I made for my coworkers, so they can use them when they want.

I don't know if they'll like the recipe or not, but at least it's something easy to make. His wife should be able to pop it in the oven to have ready when he gets home from work. Not that he can't cook, but he gets home around 6 or 7 every night and by that time everyone is starving! So they're grateful for a few easy-to-make frozen meals.

I'll be updating my sidebar to add some more blogs soon. There are certain people whose blogs I read who are not on there. So stay tuned for updates!

No comments: