Friday, November 25, 2005

Let it snow!

Thanksgiving was great! We had a delicious turkey, and my pies (apple and pumpkin) were a big hit. Everyone even liked the pickled eggs, which I thought would not go over too well. I was so glad I had so much fun. It was almost like being at home.

Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday. I suppose that's a little strange, because most people prefer Christmas or something completely different all together, like Halloween. But I love Thanksgiving, because it's all about family. Not that Christmas isn't, but not everyone celebrates Christmas. No one gets offended if you say "Happy Thanksgiving" instead of "Happy Holiday!" Plus, there's no pressure to find the perfect gifts, like there is at Christmas. Also, Thanksgiving is the beginning of the holiday season, and Christmas is the end. I always get a little post-Christmas letdown.

And, I love to eat! Is there any question why I love Thanksgiving so much?

It has finally snowed for real here in Anchorage. We had snow on the ground, but it warmed up and got all gross and yucky, so you really couldn't do anything with it. On Wednesday it snowed 6 or 8 inches in town, and even more along the mountains. Then yesterday it snowed another 2 or 3 inches. So finally, we have enough snow to start doing winter activities. This weekend will be the first that the ski slopes are open, so I'm going down tomorrow. I can't wait! Skiing is fun. Then on Sunday, I'm really hoping to be able to get out and do some cross country skiing. I feel like I want to get all my winter activities in early because last year the weather was so lame.
Anyway, I'm excited. I'll probably wear myself out, but hey, I'll enjoy it!

No comments: