Thursday, September 22, 2005

This weather blows

Today it is windy. This is not good, because all the leaves are blowing off the trees and our hike will not be so beautiful on Saturday. I am slightly disappointed. That's okay, though, because we've had great luck for 3 years in a row now, so a little bad luck is due. As long as it's not super bad, like running into a bear, or getting injured, or running into an injured bear.

I wish I could post pictures of this hike to share. But that would require me scanning them in, since I am one of the few people on the planet who still uses a camera with (gasp!) film in it. I was considering buying a scanner the other day. I didn't for a variety of reason, mostly centering around the fact that I've been spending lots of money lately and I didn't need to drop $100 on a frivolous expense. Instead, I told E he could buy one for my birthday. He said "No." with no real explanation. I think he already has an idea. That's good because, frankly, a scanner is a slightly boring birthday gift. Maybe I'll spend my annual dividend from the state on that.

I have an idea what E might be getting me but I won't say here because he reads this blog, and I don't want to make him think his idea isn't a good one if it is different. I have his gifts planned out (well, mostly), but again, I won't say that here. Just that I'm excited about his birthday. I love both giving and receiving surprises! Yay for anticipation!

No comments: