Sunday, October 13, 2013

Faster, higher, more storage?


I currently have a cell phone for work, but with the furlough (I'm not furloughed yet but might be soon), I'm not supposed to use it. In spite of the fact that we shouldn't need to be tethered to the social network, blah blah blah, I'm not prepared to enter the world cell-phone-less. Additionally, I couldn't download apps to my phone, and I was kind of tired of the control factor. So this weekend, I finally went out and bought a phone of my own.

Holy cow, it's so much better. I had the Apple iPhone 4, which is kind of out of date at this point. The new one I have is the Samsung Galaxy S III, which is not the newest thing, but much better than the iPhone 4 at this point. And I love it. I find the Android OS easier, it's so much faster, it's easier to access my security settings, and I love how it's not proprietary. The To-do list app I loved so much isn't available, but I wasn't supposed to have that on my old phone anyway. And the camera is much better too! (See the picture above).

I don't know how much of this is upgrading to a phone/service that's more advanced than what I had, and how much of it is Apple vs. Google. But I do like being in control of my own phone and my own service again. Now to download all the apps!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear good things about Android and Samsung Galaxy from others.

-D

Anonymous said...

and the camera is better than my digital Fuji.

-D

eaf said...

Nice pic!

L said...

Yeah, I've been really happy with it so far, Dad. And it does have a great camera.

Thanks, eaf!