Friday, January 07, 2011

Goal Making Session

Every year, Ethan and I get together and make goals for the next year, the next 5 years, and the next 10.  Normally we do this with Ethan's mom, but of course this year, we couldn't do that.  So on Tuesday, we headed out for a breakfast and goal making.

We weren't sure where to head for breakfast, since breakfast restaurants are not as easy to find here as they are in the U.S.  However, a couple of folks had recommended Pancakes on the Rocks, so we thought we would give that a try.  Pancakes on the Rocks turned out to be awesome -- delicious, and not too expensive.  IHOP, I am sorry to say, is a sad sack compared to this place.  We had savory lunch crepes stuffed with chicken and mushrooms, and potatoes and ham, respectively, and then we had chocolate pancakes with strawberries for dessert.  Yum!

Then we made our goals.  I'll share my goals for 2011.  I kept them pretty achievable this year, since last year's goals pretty much went out the window with our move to Australia.  So here they are:

1.  Find a project at work
2.  Get a plot in the community garden
3.  Join a CSA/Organic buyers group
4.  Attend a permaculture class
5.  Take a vacation outside of the country -- New Zealand ski vacation?
6.  Go snorkelling at Clovelly beach
7.  Volunteer/make charitable contributions
8.  Expand summer wardrobe by thrift-store shopping
9.  Plan several awesome Aussie trips

My goals seem a little boring and vague, but like I said, I'm trying to keep them achievable.  I'm also trying to keep to things I think are important -- like saving money (thrift store), and pursuing a sustainable lifestyle (gardening and permaculture).

After our goal making session, we spontaneously stopped by an Annie Liebovitz exhibit at the Museum of Contemporary Art.  It was pretty busy, but fun to see the photographs.  More importantly, this goes with an unspoken resolution I have:  to get out there and enjoy more of the big city life in Sydney.  We're only here for 18 more months, so we need to enjoy it while we can!

1 comment:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Inspiring! Share your finds on the thrift store front.

Kelly