Monday, January 05, 2009

Bits and Bytes

Thanks, everyone. I still miss Gray, but I feel better about the decision all the time. It's good to have friends tell you that they think you did the right thing.

Small bits of news: Ethan applied for a job with the gas pipeline company that BP and Conoco put together (Denali). We will find out Thursday if he got it. This would be a town job (yay) but would also require lots of travel (boo). But he'll be going to California, and I would be allowed to go with him if I want (yay). Plus, he thinks it will be exciting and fun. So I hope he gets the job. If he doesn't, that's okay. We're in a good place right now, jobwise, I think.

Another tidbit: We (well, I) decided that I just can't handle living without a pet for an indefinite time period. So this spring/summer, we're going to be figuring out how to change our living situation so that we can get one. Possibilities: landlord may change her mind and let us have a dog (improbable), we'll rent a house for a year a two (most likely) or we'll buy (less likely but still a possibility). So, yay for a dog!

4 comments:

uncommon jasmine said...

yay for a potential dog!!!!

L said...

Not that you're biased or anything. ;)

Unknown said...

that is some good news for ethan -- good luck! and good luck on the new pet search!

L said...

Thanks Ness (for both comments)!