Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More roadblocks

I rode my bike to work on Saturday night, thinking that it wasn't going to rain until Sunday afternoon. Well, Sunday morning it began raining lightly about an hour before I had to leave. I was not too happy with that, but what can you do? Then, on the way home, I got a flat tire.

I guess I'm lucky that it's my first flat tire in 4 years of riding my bike a lot during the summer, and also lucky that it happened on the way home from work. I was not lucky that the inner tube I had purchased from REI for just such an occasion turned out to be the wrong kind of inner tube to go with my hand pump. I spent about 1/2 an hour messing around with it before finally deciding it would just be quicker to walk the rest of the way home.

I'm glad I didn't put my old inner tube on my bike and try to pump it up, because I patched it last night and found out that there was not one, but actually two holes in the tube. I have no idea what is in my tire that pierced my inner tube twice, but I guess I better figure it out or this will be a recurring circumstance.

In other (boring) news, I have been working on my little end tables. Or table, I should say. It is proving to be quite a chore. I think I have part of the first one finally stripped to the point where I can sand it. But of course, now it's going to rain for like, a week. I can't do this project inside because of the fumes, and because I really really don't want to accidentally spill anything. I already accidentally got some stripper on the kitchen floor and it ate part of the linoleum. So this is strictly an outside job. But now I'm worried about getting this done before fall arrives...and school, darkness, wind and cold.

I'm going to have to bust my ass on this project, I guess.

No comments: