Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tidbits

  • Mom is slowly recovering. Recently, she broke her rib while coughing. They had to separate her ribs when they went in for the surgery, so it was already weak. But nothing was punctured, so it's not a terrible thing, just painful.
  • We have decided to stop looking for a house right now. Of course, I'm terribly disappointed. But the housing market in Anchorage is still way overinflated and there is just too much risk to buy a house at this point. We're going to wait for 6 months to a year and reassess.
  • My best friend in VA is having her baby today! Yay! They've had some difficulty with the pregnancy and decided to induce because he's underweight, so I hope all goes well.
  • School is still going. I got an A in the one class I finished and am plodding through my second class.
  • I have a painful toe which I think might be an ingrown toenail. I'm not really enthusiastic about getting surgery because I am starting to ramp up my running (I want to do the Mayor's 1/2 marathon again) and I'm supposed to wear open toed shoes to my sister's wedding in May. But it's not improving, in spite of antibiotic ointment and I'm afraid I'll have to go to the doctor.

So that's the news for now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's quite an update! is nikki having the baby? so exciting...congratulations to her! and congrats to your sister! my co-worker and i are thinking about running a half-marathon in august...we'll see how that goes...haha!

L said...

I guess Nikki had the baby -- I haven't heard anything yet. I think I'll call tomorrow and see how they're doing.

Abbie has been engaged for a while, but frankly, I was wondering if they'd EVER get married. Now it looks like it's going to happen!

I think Ethan and I are going to try to make a short side trip to Col's when we're in OH. :)

Alpha Monkey said...

That's a lot of exciting news! Hopefully we'll get to see you in May when you're on this side of the country. And I hope your toe feels better soon.