Friday, January 25, 2008

Stacking the Coins

So, surprise of all surprises, I am actually enjoying my Engineering Econ class so far. That is something I never thought I would say. We have been learning about how to calculate present value of loans, savings, etc. Well, it's more than just that, but that's the part I like because it applies to me. I finally realized that all that stuff I've been doing in Quicken you can do very easily with Excel. Which is what Ethan has been telling me, but if you don't know how to use the functions or understand what they mean (which I didn't until now), Quicken is a lot better. Also, Quicken is a lot purtier and it saves all your stuff in one place. But I still think it's neat that now I can put in my info to calculate my retirement savings and think "Ha! I know how they did that!"

----------

Oh, I forgot to tell you: yesterday I forecasted 4 to 7 inches of snow for Anchorage, and 6 to 10 inches of snow for the Valley (which is a snow advisory), and you know what? It happened! So I was all excited today. I was like, I am THE BOMB! But, it's important for me to not get a big ego. I have bombed waaaaay too many times to be The Bomb. Still, it's nice to be right for once (once!).

2 comments:

sv said...

Yay, you rock! And I think you ARE The Bomb, and the occasional bombing is just your subconsciousway of assauging the egos of other The Bomb wannabes. Dude, you KNEW what the weather would freakin be!

Alpha Monkey said...

Nice work! You should come to Ohio and teach Jym Ganahl a thing or two :)