Monday, October 01, 2007

Ponderings

I'm generally feeling kind of ornery today. Nothing big, just general malaise. Part of it is because I did not get an e-mail from Ethan today. Not that this is really a big deal, but I know he's really busy and that he's going to be losing his personal e-mail access soon, so I'm wondering if this spotty e-mail situation is what it's going to be like for the next 6 weeks. 6 weeks! Ugh.

Also I am grumpy because I am tired of spending my evenings alone at the homestead. If for some reason I ever end up living alone again, I am totally getting a roommate. And because of the shiftwork, no one wants to go out on my Fridays, which are usually like Tuesday or Wednesday. I was considering calling up some of my friends just to chat, but I don't like the phone all that much, and I don't really want to pester people at 9:30 in the evening.

Along those lines, I asked a new coworker if he wanted to go out for a beer on Tues. My other coworker made it sound like I was going to try to hook coworker #1 up with one of my single girlfriends, which I think scared him off. Ha, joke's on him, because I don't have any single girlfriends.

Some part of me feels like I am not supposed to be wanting to go out and booze it up any more. But I still do, especially since Ethan's been gone. Not that I'm trolling for guys or anything, but I think the loneliness of the empty house has me hankering for the days when we used to go out and get crazy. Aren't I supposed to be wanting to settle down and have babies? What is wrong with me, anyway? I wonder if I'll ever grow up.

No comments: