Friday, July 13, 2007

Ethan is here! Ethan is here!

Well, actually, he's been here for a couple of days now. Don't worry, I'm not ignoring him -- he's currently out enjoying coffee with his dad. I didn't go because I didn't really need to see his dad, and also I think his dad would prefer some time alone with his son.

We haven't been doing much. Yesterday we went for a long bike ride. He wants to do some sort of physical activity every day that he's here. I told him I could handle that. Last night, we had an impromptu party. It started out that we were going to grill. Then Ethan invited Scott over. Then Lonnie showed up, and Pat called, so Ethan told him to stop by....next thing I know, I'm being handed the phone and telling some random dude how to get to our house. We drank a lot of beer. It was fun.

One bad thing is that Ethan's body clock is all messed up. Yesterday he got up at 5:30 a.m. Today, he woke me up at 8:00. "Good morning! It's 8:00! Let's go running!!" I was like, uuuuuuggggghhhh.... Later I said "Honey, just because I told you I don't get up before 8 on my days off doesn't mean that I don't get up after 8."

So we're having fun. It's relaxing. I'm so glad to have him home.

In other news, I got my camera yesterday! Yay! I really really like it. And, bonus, my old lenses totally work with the camera, despite what the girl at the "pro" shop told me. Pro shop my ass. So I don't have to buy all new lenses! Score!

Now I need to start taking pictures.

1 comment:

pollyhyper said...

I've been waiting for Ethan to come home and make you this happy (and for your camera to arrive) for a while! I'm sure you're, uh, much gladder!

Enjoy your time with your hubby and your camera. SO glad your lenses work. It's hard to tell which people are idiots and who knows their sh*t sometimes.