Monday, January 15, 2007

If bad things come in 3s, why do we have 4?

As if one more thing couldn't go wrong, E's grandfather died last night. Now, E was not very close to his grandfather, so it was not devastating for him, but his dad was a mess. Partially because he had some unresolved issues with his father, but also because he is under a lot of stress:
  1. He's worried about SIL and her baby (the high risk pregnancy)
  2. BIL got into a wreck and totaled the car on New Year's Day.
  3. SIL got the stomach flu and had to be taken to the hospital (again, the high risk pregnancy)
  4. His health is terrible.
Plus, he is just not handling all this stuff well. I mean, it's not like I'm not worried about my SIL and her new daughter, it's just that I know sitting around and worrying about it isn't going to help anything. So I am taking the attitude that she's under doctor's care, they are doing everything possible, and I'm sure everything will work out okay. I think FIL is worrying himself sick over it. Literally.

Anyway, so I contacted the Red Cross to contact E, which was more trouble than it was worth. I think that service is really intended for people who you cannot reach another way, or very close family members who die. But he called his dad, which was a big deal and made his dad very happy.

I just hope this run of bad luck for the squirrel in-laws is done. I don't know if I can handle one more thing, and I'm not directly dealing with all this drama.

Edited to say: the last sentence sounds like I'm whining. What I mean is that all these events are stressful to me, and I'm not the one they're happening to. So I feel much compassion for my in-laws, who are having the worst year ever so far.

No comments: