Wednesday, August 21, 2013

You Are What You Eat

My friend Rebecca decided she wanted to participate in this online scavenger hunt: GISHWHES, or the Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen. She asked for team members, but I felt like I couldn't be a team member, because I wouldn't be creative enough to come up with a submission. Regardless, when the criteria came out, I looked through the list.

The one that caught my eye was number 173, "You are what you eat". Don't ask me why, but I instantly thought of the moose sausage sitting in my freezer (a gift from a coworker) and the moose skull and antlers in my yard (left by the previous tenants). So I put them all together and came up with this:



The picture in the background of the man with the moose head is an inside joke for watchers of Supernatural, the show that Misha Collins (one of the GISHWHES sponsors) stars in. I didn't really understand it, but Rebecca asked me to put it in and so I obliged.

My submission was only worth 21 points, which is a bit of a bummer, because many of the other submissions were 50-75 points. I think they thought many people would do something for this, whereas, not many people would be able to take a picture of a rooster with the team shirt on. Still, it challenged me to be creative and I had a lot of fun making it. So I was happy to participate.

I have to say, the best thing about this was watching all of our mutual friend who participated as well. There were pictures of cars as prom dates, huskies and roosters wearing the tank top, people's daughters doing gymnastics, a lady selling a "pet cotton ball", etc. Everyone was so creative. And what fun to see what everyone did! I don't know if I'll be a team member next year, but I hope Rebecca does it again so I can at least watch from the sidelines.

No comments: