Saturday, December 19, 2009

Party Hearty

So, what have I been doing now that grad school is over? Partying! Of the Christmas sort, that is.

We went to Ethan's company Christmas party 2 weeks ago. It was at the downtown Marriott and was pretty nice. No prizes, but great food and free drinks (and cab vouchers)! It was a lot of fun, and I got to dress up, which I never do.

We have also been playing "torture the doggie" by making him wear a Santa hat. It's absolutely adorable, and he doesn't hate it as much as you would think. He doesn't want to put it on, but once it's on, he's surprisingly amenable to it.


Last night we had a graduation celebration, and our friends brought a little gift for Fievel -- a Santa sweater! He likes the sweater a lot more than the hat. Our other friends also brought Fievel a gift -- a giant bone!

The bone looks a lot bigger there than it is in real life. Here he is, trying to eat it. It's still big, but it's not bigger than he is.

He has not been successful at eating it yet, but he has licked it a lot and he likes to carry it around. I think I'm going to break it up with a hammer so he can chew on it a little easier. It will help his teeth.

I also went cross country skiing for the first time this winter on Thursday. The snow was really awesome, and the trees were so beautiful with their branches all covered in snow.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

6 comments:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

That snow is absolutely stunning! Beautiful! Makes me think of when they sing Snow in the traincar in White Christmas. None here in The Sunshine State, I'm afraid (although we did have a brisk, windy day in the 60s -- I wore long sleeves and everything!)...

Your Fieval is a cutie patootie. I literally laughed out loud when I saw the Santa suit.

Kelly

craftosaurus said...

Looks like life after grad school is treating you well. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Where you live looks like a place where santa will do delivery... hi Louise, its kumseong from Vancouver bunk bed : )

Lynn said...

Yay for snow. We have about 6 inches, but it's really hard so we haven't gone skiing yet. I think we might get a big storm over xmas, so maybe we can go then.

Congrats on finishing school!

Have a nice holiday!

Farmer Jo said...

I torture my dog the same way! :) I make Doug wear antlers, which he tolerates for one second.

Happy Holidays

L said...

Thanks guys! Happy holidays to you too -- Lynn and Kumseong, good to hear from you!