Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Harvest Time

Okay, I promised no gardening posts for a while, but I also promised Kelly some orchid pictures, so I figured this was as good a time as any to brag about my harvest.

I didn't get anything from my garden this year except for carrots, but I did get a lot of those! Here is a picture of my harvest -- cleaned and dirty.


Total amount of carrots: 3 lbs! Not too bad for a teeny 3 x 5 ft garden.

And, now, the orchid. All the blooms are open and will probably remain so for a while. It truly is spectacular.





2 comments:

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

BEAUTIFUL orchid!

And I cannot believe how many carrots you scored! Nice. By the way, can I have your scale?

:)

Kelly
http://tearinguphouses.blogspot.com

Farmer Jo said...

NICE! I can't get a carrot to grow to save my life!

I love your orchid. I really think my crowning achievement as a gardener has been to have an orchid I recieved 4 years ago re-bloom this year. (After a summer abandoned on the back porch!)