I've only got 6 minutes left of internet time, so I'll make this quick:
- New Zealand is beautiful
- It's a lot more rural than I expected
- Driving on the left side isn't too hard
- We had a couple of lame hikes
- We got to see glowworms, bubbling pools and bubbling mud (very cool)
- It's a lot like the U.S.
- Everything closes obscenely early
- The hostels/camping have been going well
- Last night we stayed at an awesome hostel with a beautiful garden, including chickens and quails
- Tonight we are at a hostel in Wellington which is not as nice, more expensive, and totally packed
- We have gotten to see lots of cows and sheep (more sheep than cows)
Overall, we're having a great time so far! Tomorrow we head to the south island a day early, due to some bad planning on my part. Oh well, wineries and kayaking here we come!