Friday, May 04, 2007

Broken Record

I cannot stop daydreaming about buying the fourplex. Today I was thinking about how we'll have to have a big open house. It has a small deck and I am looking forward to sitting out there in the summer, enjoying the evening sun. The kitty could even sit out there with me! It will be great.

I was considering asking Ethan about starting the paperwork for buying the fourplex from his Dad when he comes to visit in July, but I think that would be a crazy amount of work. Plus, I want him to come home to a home he's familiar with in October, and I really don't want to move in the winter. So I guess we won't move until next spring. In the meantime, I'll just relish in all the things I love about our current place -- my running favorite routes, the quiet neighborhood, the way the sun shines in the windows in the summer, and the beautiful flowers in the front garden. Our home has a lot of wonderful memories! We got engaged and married while we lived there. So moving will make me sad too.

But I can't wait to have my own house to decorate and make beautiful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could always start pestering my dad about structuring the tax treatment of the sale. I believe he had something cooked up with one of his buds who happens to be an accountant. This will be the hardest thing about buying the place, and was the showstopper before I left.