Thursday, February 01, 2007

Stroke, stroke, breathe

In the spirit of actually trying to do a triathlon this year, instead of just saying I will and then not following through, I went swimming this morning. I haven't been swimming in 2 years, and I forgot how much I like it. I don't know why I always feel so much more relaxed after a swim as opposed to a run or a bike ride, but I do. I think it's because swimming is so rhythmic. Also, I can't listen to music or watch t.v., so I have to concentrate on my breathing and it's very soothing.

The swim went pretty well, too. I impressed myself by actually swimming 600 m (800 m makes 1/2 mile) in 23 minutes. That's not super fast, but for someone who hasn't swam in 2 years, that's not too bad. So I am in a good mood, although tired, this morning.

FYI: The Subject Formerly Known as E wishes to have his name changed to EAF. I'm just letting you know, so that when I refer to EAF, you don't think I'm cheating on my husband. Because it's not like I'm getting any action from EAF anyway.

No comments: