Friday, January 26, 2007

Hand me my glass of Ensure, will you dearie?

I have done nothing at work (as if that's unusual) because I am too busy thinking about New Zealand. Seriously, this is like planning a wedding, only better because there's no worrying, only fun stuff. Plus, no one else gets to come beside me and E, so no thinking about what other people want to do. Honeymoons are the best! I want one every year!

Otherwise, I am bailing on a friend's housewarming party to stay at home and play video games tonight. I am such a loser, especially since I've been complaining about needing to socialize. But here are my reasons:

  1. I have stayed up late 2 nights in a row and I am tired, and I have to go to work tomorrow so it's not like I can sleep in.

  2. He lives very far away. OK, 30 minutes. But in lazy-ass squirrel world, that's like driving to, well, New Zealand.

  3. I really want to play my video game that I bought in September but haven't been able to play because SOMEbody's brother had the X-Box for 7 months.

  4. He keeps notifying me at the last minute that he's having get togethers. Which annoys me and makes me feel less inclined to go. And finally....

  5. It's mostly his coworkers. One of whom I'm friends with, but the rest I don't really know that well. So I'm not that enthusiastic considering 1, 2 and 3.


So anyway, tonight is stay in, relax and play video games night. Tomorrow is go out, booze it up and have fun night.

I'm old now. I can only go out one night per week.

No comments: