Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Look Homeward, Squirrel

Last night, I finished Harry Potter. And I have to say, I'm a little bummed. [Warning: contains spoilers] I kind of suspected Dumbledore would die, but I didn't want things to end as negatively as they did. Plus, how can Harry not go to school next year? Hogwarts is an essential part of the series, as far as I am concerned.

I've been trying to plan my leave for November. It's going to cost me around $560 to go back if I use Alaska Air (gaining air miles) or $460 if I use another carrier. Plus, I'm going to have to spend a long time back there and use up a lot of leave. This is what really frustrates me about living in Alaska. I feel like I am slowly losing touch with the rest of my family. My parents and sister hardly ever call me anymore. Sometime's I get jealous of E when he's hanging out with his family. He doesn't realize how nice it is to be close to them, and actually get to spend time with them. He just takes it for granted, because the longest he ever spent away was when he was in college.

At the same time, I wonder if I can move back to the Lower 48. I feel like I don't fit in with a lot of people down there anymore. I like being able to wear jeans to work. I don't care about clothes and I like to do lots of outdoor stuff, instead of sitting around watching movies. Maybe Colorado or something would be alright.

Sigh.

No comments: